Caring Starts with Access
We recognize that our members, our staff, and the community represent a large group of people with diverse needs, resources, and backgrounds. We want to make sure that our information is accessible to as many as possible, in a way that works for them. To this end, we’re committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and seek to comply with the globally recognized World Wide Web Consortium (WC3) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (level AA) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d).
Website accessibility is an ongoing process and we are always looking for ways to improve. If you experience any difficulty using the My Choice Wisconsin website or would like to submit feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact us by calling our Customer Service number at 1-800-963-0035 or WI Relay TTY 711.
Following are some improvements we’ve implemented as of August 2018. Our new site is:
- Mobile-friendly. You can access My Choice Wisconsin information and PDFs on any device with a supported browser
- More pictures and icons for finding your way through the site
- Font resizing available with a quick click/touch
- Larger, better labeled buttons to take you to the next place
- Intuitively designed resource sections that house provider and member information
Many of our members do not speak English as their primary language or may have another special circumstance that requires them to receive information in an alternate format. If you or someone you care for needs assistance, we will provide it at no cost to you. Check out our “Accessibility and Languages” page.
Examples of requests we handle include:
- Qualified sign interpreters, materials in Braille or large print formats for people with disabilities or special needs
- Language translation services for people who do not speak English as their primary language
- Written materials in other languages
We Take Equal Access Seriously
We comply with all federal and state laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. My Choice Wisconsin Health Plan does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. To read more about our Civil Rights policy, click here.
If you believe My Choice Wisconsin has failed to provide the access you need, you have rights. Please contact 1-800-963-0035 and ask for a Member Rights Specialist. To learn more about our Member Rights team, click here.
You may also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
Toll-Free Phone Number: 1-800-368-1019