BadgerCare Plus Eligibility & Requirements
Who Can Join BadgerCare Plus?
- You must qualify for or receive state Medicaid assistance determined by income.
- You live within the counties BadgerCare Plus is offered. To see the 27 counties that My Choice Wisconsin offers BadgerCare Plus, click here.
Additional enrollment requirements:
- You must provide proof of citizenship/identity.
- If you are currently insured, you might still be eligible.
Individuals who may enroll can include:
- Pregnant women
- Adults with dependent children under the age of 19
- Adults ages 19 to 64 years old
- Adults ages 18 to 25 who were in foster care when they turned 18
How Do I Join?
My Choice Wisconsin cannot enroll you directly into their BadgerCare Plus program. Here are the ways to apply:
- Online using the ACCESS website. This is the quickest and easiest way to apply!
- Print, fill out, and mail or fax the enrollment application. Hmong and Spanish language applications can be found here.
- Contact your local county income maintenance agency or tribal agency. They can help you fill out the application.
- To find your local agency, click here or call ForwardHealth Member Services toll-free at 1-800-362-3002 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
What Happens After I Join?
Once you have chosen My Choice Wisconsin as your HMO and your application is processed, we will mail you a New Member Welcome Kit shortly after your enrollment date. A My Choice Wisconsin BadgerCare Plus representative will call you 30 to 60 days after your enrollment date. They will introduce themselves and welcome you to the program. They will ask you questions to complete the new member assessment. To learn more about how this program supports you, see our About Care Coordination page. Thank you and welcome to the My Choice Wisconsin family. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!