Caring Starts on Day One
Who Can Join Family Care?
- 18 years of age or older with intellectual, physical, or developmental disabilities OR 65 years of age or older
- You qualify for or receive state Medicaid assistance determined by income and assets
- You meet certain eligibility requirements determined by the long-term care functional screen
- You live within the counties Family Care is offered. To see the 50 counties My Choice Wisconsin offers Family Care, click here.
How Do I Join?
- Visit or call your local Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC). You can find contact information for the one nearest to you here.
- An ADRC staff member will give you information about the Family Care program and a list of options to choose the Managed Care Organization that is right for you.
- You do not need to make your choice at this meeting; you can take your time to look at the materials. If you have questions, call your local ADRC. When you are ready to enroll, please contact your local ADRC and they can help you through that process.
What Happens After I Join?
Once the ADRC notifies us of your enrollment, we will mail you a New Member Welcome Kit and you will receive your My Choice Wisconsin member ID card. A Care Manager will call to introduce themselves and to schedule a time to meet and start building your care plan. To learn more about how your care team supports you, see our About Care Teams page.
Thank you and welcome to the My Choice Wisconsin family. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!
Get More From Family Care
About Care Teams
Family Care members work with their team to support their needs and goals.About the Teams
Family Care creates a plan for members to live as independently as possible.See County List
Access member resources for the Family Care program.Find Program Info