Medicaid SSI Eligibility & Requirements
Who Can Join Medicaid SSI?
- 19 years of age or older
- You qualify for or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) due to a disability determination
- You qualify for or receive state Medicaid assistance determined by income and assets
- You live within the counties Medicaid SSI is offered. To see the 39 counties My Choice Wisconsin offers Medicaid SSI, click here.
How Do I Join?
- First, make sure you have a disability determination so you can receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI). To learn about this, visit the federal government website pages: About Disability Benefits and Applying for Disability Benefits.
- Next, find out if you qualify for Medicaid SSI by contacting the Social Security’s Disability Benefits Office. My Choice Wisconsin cannot enroll you directly into their Medicaid SSI program.
- Use toll-free 1-800-772-1213 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday ET. TTY users call 1-800-325-0778. This number can guide you to your local office.
- If you are eligible for Medicaid SSI, you’ll work with an Enrollment Specialist who will give you a list of options and help you choose the HMO that is right for you. If you don’t choose your own HMO, you will be automatically assigned one. Enrollment services (1-800-291-2002) are available via phone from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday CT.
What Happens After I Join?
Once you have chosen My Choice Wisconsin as your HMO and your application is processed, we will mail you a New Member Welcome Kit shortly after your enrollment date. A Care Coordinator will call to introduce themselves and to schedule a phone call to start building your care plan. To learn more about how this program supports you, see our About Care Coordination page. Thank you and welcome to the My Choice Wisconsin family. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!